Not everyone who comes to Japan is going to a wedding, elopement or vow renewal, however they still want to make their time and experience here special. And so we have decided to use our experience to reach a wider audience and help others discover more of what this country has to offer.
Using the same experience and contacts which we use to plan and coordinate Garden Vow Renewals we are able to provide visitors with a unique garden kimono photo-shoot.
The whole experience/event takes about three ~ four hours, and for the price, you will:
- choose and be fitted with a kimono
- have a one-hour photo-shoot in the garden
This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to really experience Japanese culture. It is perfect for:
- engagement photographs,
- proposal with that special someone!
Kimono Photo-Shoot Details
We will meet near Shinjuku station; don’t worry, we will provide a map. From there we will escort you to our partner kimono rental shop, where you will choose and be fitted with your choice of kimono. This takes up to 90 minutes, and includes hair styling and accessories. After that, we will walk to the garden, about 10 minutes.
Once at the garden, we will spend about 60 minutes photographing you from every corner of the garden. Depending on the season, there will be special features and plants that we will want to maximize the use of.
After this you will have a choice, either:
- head straight back to the kimono shop, in which case we can accompany you or,
- take the opportunity to have some free time, alone, before returning the kimonos by yourselves, usually by 17:00.
If you choose the latter, we will give you an address card for the kimono shop, to show any taxi driver.
A note regarding the final images: It will take up to a week to develop the photographs. Once completed, we will send you a link from where you can download them.
What does it include?
This service includes:
- Kimonos for two
- Transport to the garden
- If available, refreshments at the garden
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
What doesn’t it include?
If the couple decide to make their own way back to the kimono rental shop, at the end of the experience, we cannot cover the return journey. However, we will give you an address card to present to any taxi driver.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A maximum of 5 guests per booking, ¥7500 per kimono
- Wheelchair access available in some parts of the garden
- Umbrellas provided
How much does it all cost?
- Photography + couple’s kimonos – ¥45,000
- Extra Kimonos ¥7,500 each
NB: These prices include transaction fees and handling.