Hit enter to search or ESC to close
Who are We?
We are an international couple. Ayako, the wedding planner, is from Japan and (I) Ross, responsible for PR and point of contact, am from the UK. We married in Japan and had a wedding party in the UK. You need a wedding planner who understands the cultural differences and challenges of getting married in another country. That’s us!
We exclusively work with international couples, both here in Japan and from overseas. Ayako is flower teacher, florists and table coordinator, and for the last 5 years a wedding planner in Japan. In addition to my work at Serendipity, I am a leadership coach, English teacher and a photographer.
How does this help you?
- You have native speaker support
- You have experienced wedding planner with a cool and growing network of wedding vendors and service suppliers, including kimono specialists, wedding venues, shrines, hair and make-up artists, photographers, DJs, caterers, etc
- You have someone who can guide you as you navigate the ins and outs of a wedding in Japan
- You have a point of contact in the country before, during and after the big day
- We love dogs, so you know we are cool people!
An accomplished and experienced florist with Serendipity Flower, she started out teaching floral arrangements, and making to-order bouquets for special occasions. She worked with many engaged couples helping them them design and make floral arrangements for their wedding day; it was only natural to extend her service offering to include complete wedding planning and theme design. She loves the occasional glass of wine, and her favorite movie is Love Actually.
Originally from London, UK, I have lived and worked in Japan for 15 years. I have worn and still wear many hats: musician, english teacher, head hunter, leadership course facilitator, and more recently, photographer. After supporting the business from behind the scenes these past few years, I have recently decided to get more involved with Serendipity, and help open up the company to interest from overseas.
Miles the dog
We have to be honest here: he doesn't do much, but we're glad to have him on the team! He looks like butter wouldn't melt in his mouth...! A smart little fella, he even has his own instagram page!